Monday, 4 October 2010
Evaluation
For my project I have been set the task of re-branding Daddies brown sauce for a target audience of 16-19 year olds. I found this task to be rather hard because brown sauce is normally targeted to people of all ages not just a specific age so I had to enhance fonts in order to make it more appealing to a certain aged group.I had an idea where a guy could be bullying a girl over the fact that she bought brown sauce but at the same time the girl wanted to brown sauce yet the guy refussed and got the point that daddies brown sauce was just for “real men”At first myself and the group I worked in created indiviual flat plans to see what our final print image would look like. I decided to carry on with my idea and the rest of the group tended to like it and added ideas like adding mustaches to the males faces to add a comic value to the advert.After I finished creating my story board I followed on to go and take photos with our three models for the advert we expirimented a lot with camera angles and body positioning as well as facial expressions. I wanted some of the shots to be very serious to add to the advert so it had a reasonable side to be produced. We took a big variety of shots for each story board to get the best possible picture to use for my poster. I filtered through the pictures and decided which shots I wanted to keep for my story board.The next part of the task was to create a print advert. I filtered through my photos once again and found an image which I thought would suit my advert properly to my taste. I re sized it/ cropped on photoshop added a background and text with the text I changed the hue and tried to make the advert colour co-ordinated with the bottle of daddies sauce. I also added a motto to go with the advert which was catchy.Furthermore I then went on to create a story board. I added my 1 pictures and annotated them underneath in detail I think I could opf added a lot more detail which I will be sure to do on my next project. The annotation discusses dialouge, sound effects, type of shot and any extra skills included.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Charlotte, this is very basic evaluation.... and isn't as detailed as it should be for A Level. Did you use the guidelines to help you?
ReplyDeleteyour first paragraph is very vague, and could be developed further. You also need to be more specific when discussing the target audience of your project, using all the information we discussed at the beginning of the course.
How else did you create an advert suitable for your audience. The age of your models possibly? a familiar location for your shoot also?
Remember to be as detailed as possible when you are writing evaluation, the more detail you go into, the more marks are available.
You also need to discuss more about your technical skills development.
How could you create a clearer link between your 2 products?
There is evidence of creative ideas, and you have discussed your new target audience in little detail and created a campaign appropriate to your new audience.
You have also provided some evidence of basic Photoshop editing.